Well another year of debate is coming close to the end for most folks here in Minnesota and as such our thoughts turn to speech competition. I will once again try my very best to provide a set of practice questions each week for people to use.
2012 Practice Extemporaneous Speaking Questions Set #1
International Extemp Questions
1. Is Iraq headed towards political stability or instability in 2012?
2. Should struggling European nations, like Greece, abandon the Euro as their currency?
3. Should the United States continue to pressure Iran with increased sanctions over its nuclear program?
4. Will Kim Jong Un successfully take the mantle of military leadership in North Korea?
5. Does the use of stealth drones by the CIA help or hurt America’s foreign policy objectives in the Middle East?
6. Should Nigeria eliminate petrol subsidies?
7. Will the protests occurring across Russia have any impact upon the upcoming presidential election?
8. Should the European Union liberalize its Visa program?
9. Does international virus research, like the H5N1 bird flu virus, increase or decrease the risk of a worldwide pandemic?
10. Will the world end on December 21, 2012?
Domestic Extemp Questions
1. Is the problem with sluggish U.S. economic growth too much federal government regulation?
2. Are so called “Super PACS” helping or hurting the GOP candidates for president in 2012?
3. Will “Tea Party” politics help or hurt GOP chances to win the presidency in 2012?
4. Should states be allowed to adopt stronger immigration enforcement laws than the federal government employs?
5. Which will have a greater impact on the outcome of the upcoming presidential election: the economy or congressional inaction?
6. What steps should America take to increase organ donations nationwide?
7. Do the regulations adopted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency do more harm than good?
8. What should America do to reduce its dependency on foreign energy sources?
9. Will the U.S. economy successfully grow and prosper in 2012?
10. Will the Supreme Court rule against President Obama’s healthcare reform act in 2012?